- This Site Is Intended for Educators and Teenagers. The Site is intended to help educators and teenagers teach and learn about careers as pathologists and other clinical laboratory professionals. Educators may include clinical laboratory professionals who have an interest in teaching a classroom on a career-day or for similar educational purposes. The Site introduces teen-agers to various types of careers in the clinical laboratory using examples of disease states.
- This Site Does Not Provide Medical Advice. The contents of the What’s My Next Site, such as text, graphics, images, videos, and other material contained on the Site (“Content”), are for informational and educational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have about a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Site. We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.
- Personal Login Information. Certain features and areas of the Site are available only to educators and teenagers who complete the registration form. As explained on the registration form, these features are intended for educators and teenagers. These features are not intended for children who are younger than 13 years old. If a child younger than 13 years old inadvertently completes the registration form, We will delete the remove the personal information on the registration form from our records.
- User Obligations. You warrant that you will abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the Site and the Content on the Site and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the Site by other users or with Our operation and management of the Site. You will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the Site, including, without limitation, information required to be provided through Our registration form. If you submit any false, inaccurate, untrue, unauthorized, or incomplete information, We reserve the right to terminate your access and use of the Site. You warrant that you will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using Our Site, or defame or otherwise harm any party, including Us, through your use of Our Site.
- Proprietary Rights. The Site, and the Content on the Site, includes, without limitation, (i) Our trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (collectively “Our Marks”); and (ii) information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, photographs, audio and video material, and artwork, and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any Content contained in or available through Our Site (the items identified in subsections (i) (ii) and (iii) shall be collectively referred to herein as “Content”). Our Content is the property of ASCP, or Our licensors, sponsors, partners, content providers or other third parties and is protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless you separately obtain express written consent from Us or the owner of such content if either ASCP is not the owner. Any use of Our Marks without Our express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in the Content, including any such notices appearing on any Content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from the Site.
- Responsibility for Use of the Internet and the Site. Use of the Internet and the Site is solely at your risk and is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. We do not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the Site over the Internet or other communication network. We shall not be obligated to correct or update the Site or Content on the Site, and We shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information which may appear on the Site.
- Third Party Information. The Site may feature materials and information provided by third parties. Any such information or materials made available by third parties are those of the respective third party and not of ASCP or its affiliates. We make no representation with respect to, nor do we guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third party materials, information, or products.
- Links to Third Party websites. The Site may contain links to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over whom We exercise no control. The appearance of any such third party links (provided by Us or by a third party) is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- Links to the Site and Content on the Site. Links posted by third parties to the Site may not use the ASCP trademarks or logos and shall not suggest that We promote or otherwise endorse any third party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, websites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of the Site shall be the responsibility of the linking party. We reserve the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates Our rights or causes interruption or deterioration of the Site or Content on the Site.
- Warranties Disclaimed. THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” NEITHER ASCP NOR ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, OR TRUSTEES OR ANY OF THEIR AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY “THE ASCP PARTIES”) PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SITE, OR CONTENT ON THE SITE, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY YOU, ARE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR NON-INFRINGING; (ii) ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (iv) THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE SITE WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED OR ACCESSIBLE THROUGHOUT THE EXISTENCE OF THE SITE. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
- Exclusions permitted by law. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN SECTIONS 14 AND 15 WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Statute of Limitations. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the Site must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
- Notice and Take Down Procedures and Copyright Agent. If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Site infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from this Site by contacting Our representative (identified below) and providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that “under penalty of perjury,” you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
Our representative for purposes of these issues relating to this Site is as follows:
American Society for Clinical Pathology
Attn: General Counsel
33 W. Monroe, Suite 1600
Chicago, IL 60603
firstname.lastname@example.org Or call: 312-541-4747
Version 1.0 (October 5, 2015)
Copyright © American Society for Clinical Pathology. All Rights Reserved.